Friday, May 6, 2011

The Power of Love

Ask: What do you seek?

Ans: Relationship

Ask: Why?

Ans: Because I dont want to live a life alone.

Ask: So you are not independent?

Ans: I don't depend on my other half. I want to share with him my life.

A typical question you get from gay social network sites or places like Grindr. The older i grew, the more certain my answer is...

****************

I have recently came across a blog entry that touches me. The blogger says he will be emo for 6 months and the bf say he will too then.

It is just a simple reply, but it implies that he will not be alone to go through this. There will always be someone there by him.

Lots of times, what we seek is not any physical or monetary support. This things are still achievable by hook or by crook. But what really keeps us going is a will power and it is especiallly valuable when we are at our most depress moment, there is this someone there to keep you going and not giving up.

Fun or ONS is easy to seek. The hardest thing to find is probably a soulmate who supports you endlessly, giving you the will power to keep going when you feel it is the end.

**********

Celine Dion says: Sometimes I am frighten but I'm ready to learn...



...of the power of love....

4 comments:

  1. if im the bf, i wont emo lor for the six months, i will instead try to cheer him up and make his emoness less :) no need to force myself cos he is emo already.. but tiny tiny stuffs, he will eventually notice it and not be emo for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with tuls, in some cases, the significant other should act as a check and balance. But in times when nothing can be done, it is comforting to just have someone beside you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soulmate, sometimes need not be a BF...best friends always lend a shoulder to cry on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tulsy, I think saying to be emo for six months is just to tell him "u better not emo for so long, else me too hor" kinda a tactic to get him out too =) and I am sure those tiny, lil, stuffs will be noticed... ;)

    Will, that's what I am trying say too.. soemtimes, you dun really need any real help, but some emotional support to keep you up and going..

    CX, definitely... i have one myself.. though not shoulder... but someone whom i can our everything out is relief enough.. =)

    ReplyDelete