Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Cool Man...

Calm down, take a deep breath, smile.. Eeee

Okay, that was meant for myself. I realize recently i am losing my patience with people. Especially when I am on the train back to bukit batok today. People here keep squeezing and squeezing until practically it is like can Sardine. But still the most annoying thing is when the train reaches Bukit Batok, the people wouldn't bother going out and letting you move out, as if they are affraid once they go out their "place" or "space" will be taken. But you are hindering the people inside moving out, and then there are people who boards too and the bloody train only stops for like 20 seconds. Seriously, 20 seconds... i am willing to bet any old lady who wants to alight there will probably have to take a detour at Kranji ( which is 4 stops more) before she can squeeze out of the train.

The point is when it happen again this evening, my face become really "black". Meaning i was showing an unpleasant face and even when i am out of the train i still carry that expression as if daring anyone to continue blocking me. Come to think of it, i don't used to be like this. I mean i am not the kind that really get annoyed so easily and then show faces to people who are somewhat 'innocent'. I mean i am not Singaporean, I dun wan to be like that lady (obviously local) who stand so close to me this morning because she is affraid she couldn't squeeze into the train and when I move back a bit because the people are moving out and accidentally step on her ( probably just collide, not even stepping on it) she give me the irritating face as if i have slap her. I mean I have said sorry and she still stare angrily at me (So typical...) Then I thought, fine, i have apologize and i dun have eyes behind me, afterall YOU have attitude problem.

I really should remind myself more to remember how I used to be, always remember to smile, it makes u happy and best of all, it makes everyon around Happy. I mean take the morning example, if she have smile and say never mind, i would have felt, what a kind and forgiving lady, and that makes my day. Instead of now she is being label as "unfriendly-singapore-style-lady" who disgrace her country. Frankly, if u accidentally step on someone in Malaysia, likely they will also say sorry cause they thought they are walking too slow/fast. But here, what will happen is they will stare grudingly at you as if you broke their leg.

People in this little island are simply too pampered, not forgiving, think they are the smartest, never apology, arrogant and well... fake friendly. If you are their boss or a westerners, likely they will smile a lot at you and even if you slap them they will probably pretend you waved your hand too hard.

But it is probably not their fault, the culture here, the workiing stress, they rushing, face pace life, it all makes you loose your patience. I really should remind myself to stay cool and always be happy, it is really good for myself, to be happier and it makes other people's day. So Why not smile?

Cooooool Man...

No comments:

Post a Comment