Tuesday, December 29, 2009

First Overtime

Well, when I say first here, I mean first overtime that is like 4 hours after the time I should leave which is 10pm. Basically 6-8pm is not so much of overtime but rather it is like a norm in Singapore, it is call finishing your work. (But if u really look at how the American count hours by hours of OT, i suppose you wouldn't think this is reasonable anymorw, but then again that's why we are taking away their jobs.. well.. ) And on a side note, i know 10pm is still early by "someone" or some profession's standard. (just adding this line in case someone is reading and dun think i am whining for working "just" until 10pm)

But in fact i am not really writing about how I really don't feel bad about it. I mean my previous job, even if i only have to stay until 7pm my face would have been somewhat "blackish". It is really the kind of company, the people, the environment that they have establish that makes employee willing to work more. It really felt good because my team mates where there, and I actually left an hour later just to help out my colleagues to finish off their part ( really not showing off in case you are thinking so.. ), but i just feel happy to be able to help.

And sometimes, being overloaded with work is good too in a way... keep my mind busy with something and by the time i reach home, i am just too hungry and tired to think too much...

*************************************************

The only down side is i dun have much food option left, and guess what, my birthday cake save my life! or stomach to be more precise, except the cake was 2 fridays ago :P and we actually never cut and eat it until just last Sunday, still i only eat MY birthday cake like 9 days later... :S

Deli makes quite good strawberry cake, except like my housemate say, u cant really tell if the sourness of the strawberry cream is natural or....

2 comments:

  1. wow~ seems like u really like your job which is a good thing... not like me... i'm finding a new job with higher salary~

    ps: i wan the cake too :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, not too bad for now, especially the environment is really great.. especially compare to my previous.. :P

    You want the cake? You must be kidding right =s it is like a last resort you know.. (gosh i am so bad, not appreciating my friends' gift.. =p)

    ReplyDelete