Sunday, May 30, 2010

I want!!!

G-shock watches was a brand that I first knew about when my cousin-sister first got a baby-g. That was when I was in primary school. It was a luxury item to us back then. We can only look at it in the shop stores everytime we go to the super market, which was Super Kinta. For those who grew up in Ipoh, I guess you would know this... Then it was in University that I first bought a g-shock for myself during sales, a very classical black and red design. Then subsequently I got to know a place which sells this at a cheaper than market rate and so I bought another one in white-orange for myself and a red-black for my brother. Both are of very different designs...

Anyway, I am still not consider a huge fan or collector, but merely getting excited if i see some nice design..

So this post is related to the incident where I was preparing for the pink-dot event. As it is suggested participant should wear soemthing pink, I was just looking around at the last minute for soemthing Pink, and then this watch, caught my attention. Casio makes pink watches, that's not a big-deal, but the reason this caught my attention was:

- It's huge.. and I have some likings for huge things.. ( okay... i know this is a decent post =p)
- It's analog + digital and very futuristic design

Today I did a search and realize it is called the GA series,



And they have it in uni-color design, which is pretty unique, it feels like a toy-ish design but quite cool to have it on your wrist. They also have it in what they call hyper color design which is a mixture of some cool and fun color.. I almost bought it (the pink one)... but then, it cost 170 bucks... and come to think of it i am not really that rich, 170 for an event? nah..

So well, it kinda passed my mind and I was thinking I will go to that shop in Bugis someday to check if they sell it at some incredibly cheaper price (I know i am dreaming, but sometimes, they do happen.. serious!)

So today, I was finally there.. and I saw this thing that really makes me want to take out my visa card, swipe it and take it home... It's so cool and cute!!!!!!



Okay, so this is a box-set as you can see. With a cute little g-shock man thingy. First impression, I have to admit it looks like one of those hyper color model, but after talking to the shop owner, i was told it is a limited edition where this particular one combines all the color in the GA series...

Which when you look at it yea, u really find all the colors in the watch. It is so creative and the designer, Nakano Shirou, makes a really creative effort to mix up all the colors, all the colors nicely put around the watch...

And it comes with this little g-shock-man of the same design, it's gonna looks so cool on my office desk, as a clock and display.. (along with my one-piece pirate boat set.. =p )



Gosh I was so so sooooo tempted to take out my card to swipe it except when I look at the price... it was SGD $398 ... the moment was like the air-freezes, and my mind cool off...

Okay, 400 bucks for a really cool and uniquely design watch set...

@ its more than RM1k leh!
# cute woh
@ but I have to save for the school fees!
# it's limited edition woh!!
@ and my nite shift allowance only temporary..
# ... *sniff sniff*

So it is still in the shop there... sigh... so cute...

7 comments:

  1. First pic, top right; the lime green one rawkks!! *Drooools*~~~ :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too plasticky and bulky for my liking... It was quite an icon during my school days too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmm... look so plastic-key... I have one G-shock that my mum bought for me when I enter uni too! Orange & grey colour! I like it so much! :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evanns.. that was also one of my consideration, pink or green... and actually they have one more special addition in white base which i saw before in store, really cool also think it is design after a game, Neon Genesis Evangelion.. the kind like transformer color..

    Will.. plasticky and bulky.. that's why i fell for it.. its unique in that way.. =p

    Hi Mr.B... g-shock is always very eye-catchy with their designs and colors, everytime i walk into a shop.. definitely something i feel.. oo i want... but this series is really.. OO I WANT!!!!! MUST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heart G shock when i was young,now my heart is only for swatch

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha derek... it just shows.. u guys have got one more things in common.. =p

    ahh ichi... swatch is nice too with all those fanciful design.. but i am more into loud and huge things.. =p

    ReplyDelete