Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lemon Grass



The taiwanese diva is known for her really amazing dance hit in every album, but in a few of her album, i was really touched by these love songs that were not the main hit. And this one, 柠檬草的味道 (ling meng chao de wei dao) which translate to Taste of Lemon Grass is one of the 3 love songs that i am most touched by...

How does lemon grass taste? Fresh, aromatic, but with a touch of citrusy-sourish? Like love, it is beautiful and sweet, yet no one can escape being hurt by it one way or another...


Most of the times, I fall for a song simply because of a particular line of the lyrics. Like "love the way you lie" by Eminem and Rihanna, it is exactly that line that caught my attention. When i fist listen to this song, it was for this line that first caught my attention,

"我们都没错只是不适合
我要的我现在才懂得
快乐是我的不是你给的
寂寞要自己负责"

Which translate to,

"neither of us are to blame, we were just not meant to be,
till now that i realize what i really want,
happiness should be from myself, not from you,
and loneliness is my own choice.."

The first line simply makes me cry back then...

But if you can understand mandarin and look at the lyrics, i am sure you would appreciate it even more..

**************************************************

...Finally, i learn that the choice is with me, not from you, I will seek my own happiness, whatever you missed, it is your choice...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, that's should be the way to be...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sky, actually the last part was the lyrics too... easy to say, but really really hard to do...

    ReplyDelete