Monday, March 14, 2011

Blue

Scene: In the lift
People: Me, Little girl (L), her dad (D), her mom (M)

D: what is the color of kor kor's shoe? (asking L)

L: shoooee..

M: Can you tell mommy what is the color xx (xx-L's name)

L: Bluuueee..

Me: (turn to the family, then look at the little girl and smile sweetly, like how a friendly young neighbour shud)

D: is it nice? is the blue shoe beautiful?

Me: (Smile at the little girl again, encouraging her to repeat the last words like how kids shud when the parents are teaching them words, and also daring her to say otherwise, i mean of course its beautiful, dad, i mean her dad must mean that right?)

L: Bluuueee.. (pointing at her dad's sleeper which is blue stripe)

okay, so conclusion:

1. this girl knows what is blue color (or she is a quick learner and obervant)
2. she is a show-off kind of girl (can't wait to point out something else she noticed is blue)
3. she has zero fashion sense, prob an engineer or lawyer or doctor material but and have a closet full of black suits only and cant wear heels (cause she never manage to justify the beautiful pair of blue shoes and was ignorant bout it, i mean do u get see that everyday?)

********************

K, so here it is,



This is one of the 5 pairs i bought without much thinking during my US trip. Good bargain no doubt, but i havent actually used it till yesterday cause,

1. I have 3 pairs to rotate, which is like quite a lot since i mostly use it only for weekends,

2. Too flashy.

Well, not that i mind point 2 since i enjoy other people looking at me and that was the whole point of buying it.. =p ; but i just thought it might be challenging to match the right outfit.

But yesterday it was so hot that i decided i wont wear jeans, my shorts is in checkered blue print, so it seems thats the only pair of shoes that will work (else slippers, but i need to walk a bit, so not ideal).

Surprisingly, (or maybe it shudnt be?) a lot of people actually looked and even talked about it. When i was on the bus, or walking in the mall, when i was getting my hair colored ( and my bestie was getting his haircut and the stylist was asking him bout my shoes) then at kim gary, the uncle next table keep glancing at me top to bottom (cud be the newly colored hair and the shoes, too loud either of it, okay the shoe is louder maybe =p ) and then the zero-fashion-sense little girl when i headed home later that nite.

I think i am starting to like it a lot..

11 comments:

  1. From your short observation, I don't think you can conclude the little girl has no fashion sense.

    Your shoe is flashy...and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol... its kinda natural, especially at this young age when they have no pretence, so she just show what kind of person she is "naturally" =p

    And yup.. i feel so worth it... all the shoes I purchased, just the other day, I was wearing another pair and walked into a shoe shop at orchard and the owner was checking my shoes and telling me they look gorgeous.. =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah I got to agree with skyhawk... you shoes is like WOW! No wonder your neighbours even ask their daughter what colour it is! because its so flashy and striking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.. thanks Jared.. I guess that was the impulse that drove me to buy it without much thought.. haa

    ReplyDelete
  5. From your last pic, I think you did not need to colour your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not show-off lah. It's reinforcement of what she learns. At one point, my nephew kept pointing at flowers and said, "Flower".

    Noooooo don't colour hair. It'll damage it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAI UNEXPECTED SENIOR :P

    Wear so flashy, attention-whoreee.. Ngehehe. (not that i'm not one myself XD)

    AND I AM STILL DIGESTING THE FACT THAT YOU'RE MY SENIOR. SO UNEXPETED LA SERIOUSLY. TIBA-TIBA DROP COMMENT ON MY POST SAMO. MAIGAWDZ. *faint

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only thing that can get my attention easily is the colour red =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will, u didn't see the root, they are all black, so i just make them look same..

    JJ, i was just kidding and exagerating on the little girl's conversation.. no worries.. haha.. but erm.. damage done =p

    Qboy, haha, i came across ur profile and fb by surprise too.. but anyway, judging by ur age, u r probably not in the school yet when i grad.. gosh I sound to old.. (p.s. to anyone else, its just because he is young, not that I am really old!!!)

    Jared, Yes!!! I wanted to get a red+ metallic silver pair too... but that cost like 400+ USD.. so way over my budget..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Indeed, she's just a little innocent girl. What or who she'll be in future, we won't be able to tell yet.

    As for your new pair of shoes...I got to admit that I am not totally ready for a color that is so striking. But then again, as long as your are comfortable..then just continue walking.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. why is everyone defending the little girl!
    *stomp feet*

    just kidding.. the little girl will be a great lady someday of course.. *who only wears black suits* =p

    ReplyDelete