Monday, March 21, 2011

Letting Go

What do u do to gifts that are from ur ex?

Well, for someone who is emo and cling on to things, i tend to keep it as long as I can. Especially some of the things that are significant, that makes you remember certain things he did for u, or a surprise, or a touching moment...But for people who are decisive or had a bad rs.. i guess it prob goes to the junk the next day.

So this time round, moving to my new place, there just seems to be too many things to move, and doing it alone, i cant help but to throw some away.

I was still really hesitant and reluctant even though a year had passed. Especially the packet of cookies. Obviously it is way passed its expiry date. But it was one of the very few yet most romantic things he did. It was an apology for being fierce to me and he wrote it on the packing, with a sad face smiley. It still reminds me of when u truly like someone, it doesnt matter how badly he hurts you, but the moment he apologize, every unhappy feeling just vanish... maybe it was blind, maybe thats when love makes you generous... but either way, the happiness is real.

But its really time to let go i guess. If it were really meant to be, it doesnt matter if i have the pack of cookie. If it werent meant to be, keeping it wont make any differences either..

********************

This was a gift that i had never even took it out from the plastic bag, but i am really not good at maintaining plush toys...



So i left it in the living room with the note. Hopefully some housemate will buy the little joke and adopt it..

15 comments:

  1. You should sit on the table with the same sign and I'm sure someone will adopt you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem.. I'd keep them, thinking they would be of some sentimental value.. But one fine day out of impulse, i'd just chuck all of them down the bin. Then later regret, but soon forget about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this 'it doesnt matter how badly he hurts you, but the moment he apologize, every unhappy feeling just vanish' and indeed very true...Love is blind, sometimes.

    I will be the first one to adopt him...if he put "take me home "...lalalalalala!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With reference to the phrase Sky likes.. I still remember how it hurt when he called me one day before out official break-up and said sorry with a tone that obviously shows he's crying. My heart broke. Oh that feeling. But it was too late. Ah well..

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Qboy: I deeply understand how you feel...and I felt that before too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. lucky for me, he never bought me anything...not much. Ha. I don't think he has any problems with the stuff that I bought him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just return the things that was given from my ex back to him or either I buy the things he gave me

    ReplyDelete
  8. i will keep whatever thats usable lor.. wallets arr, shirts arr.. using dont remind me of them at all somehow.. hahaaha.. and i dont get disturbed or emotionally affected looking at them.. hihi.. if spoil liao then throw.. emotionless slut.. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would say throw all of it away and start anew, keeping in mind that the memories will be there and can't really be erased.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will, really woh? if really hav i will pose like that and post it immediately..

    Junior zai, yea, its sentimental, but people do move on, its just the way things are.. =)

    Sky really boh??? adopt means have to feed, shower and love him de woh.. =p

    Thompson, so that wud be some really cool bags right.. date me date me.. =p

    Jared, well our break up was a peaceful one, so neither feel like taking the things back..

    Tuls! u r really emotionless and cold blooded eh... =p really no feeling at all?

    ReplyDelete
  11. CX, i guess sometimes it depends how it ended.. how u felt about it.. i mean u wud throw a gucci wallet away? =p

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooo then its better then and easier =)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That I won't. Yucks... I am damn materialistic.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am actually feeling quite sad after reading this. wao

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha... Jared, true

    CX, dun say that, u wont be the only one around.. =p

    Kay.. *Hugs* =)

    ReplyDelete