Saturday, March 19, 2011

Grateful

It's Sunday 5am, waking up in the middle of the nite no matter how tired i was previously seems to have been something usual since I started working US hour ~ nocturnal life.

I look outside my window and there is the morning mist that forms outside the window, partly because of the aircon in my room and also the height of the room. Suddenly i feel so grateful, that I actually have managed to get this comfortable place for myself. No more worries about plugging an earphone to watch youtube. No more having to move quietly in the night and cant turn on the light whenever i need it. It makes all the night work feel so much relief now...

I actually still feel so thrilled about this place.. A place that's close to what i feel like a home in Singapore.. Finally after all these years.

I guess the only thing I could wish for more now is probably, someone to share this homey feeling with... My home, in the Lion City...

9 comments:

  1. don't worry..things will fall into place at their own accord

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed a room to yourself is something perfect to have it, but then sometimes we feel empty whilst wanting someone to complete the room together with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One step at a time...anything else would be a bonus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my....Kidz call Lion City his home now...one more example of brain drain...Malaysia oh Malaysia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ichi, haa.. thanks.. hope they do..

    CX, yea 6 years since I came to Singapore, never appreciate a place so much, or felt a sense of belonging, probably because i always shared.. and that makes it kinda half-someone-else place feeling..
    And haha.. being single i guess we can understand that feeling.. *hugs*

    Indeed, Mr.William-Draught-Ng... =p

    Thompson, wait for long time le... the Bonus is as dissapointing as my company's one.. =(

    Skysky, I have been staying here for 6 years soon le... and now only i have a 'home' feeling eh.. previously just sleep around, or hangout side and my room felt like just a sleeping and storage place..
    But o well, maybe if i find a cute malaysian guy then i will return.. so it depends.. =p

    ReplyDelete
  6. Senior korkor, next time i go Singapore i bunk at your place kay? :P And hor, i love that feeling of satisfaction, i'm waiting for it to happen to me when i finally have the ability to do things my way, my desire. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, Junior zai, dun worry, that day wont be too long.. but enjoy ur study days too, as u might not know if u will prob also experience that once in ur lifetime.. ;)

    come here kap zai right... can bunk but cannot bring guys back.. unless got extra one for me too.. =p

    ReplyDelete