Wednesday, August 4, 2010

SGD 1,027.58 worth of ...

CANDY!!!

*****

I was at Candy Empire getting some chocolate bisquits and cookies since I will be dropping by at bro's place this weekend and he likes them.

As I join the queue, the length was like about 6-7 customer, and I was moving gradually as I was reading an article on my phone... until suddenly I felt, hey, how come the queue is not moving? From that point it was until 20 minutes later that I reach the counter and made my payment...

So I look up and notice there was a couple in front of me, but it wasn't them jamming the queue rather this family of Indonesian or could be Malaysian too of about 10 buzzing at the counter.

Guess what they were doing? Okay, for one, they are busy loading and packing their purchases from the shopping basket. Apart from that, they were also raiding the counter. Yes! I mean it! it is like they see one thing, then they grab the entire box, see another, grab 2 boxes, or some chocolate bars, the lady pratically just grab with both her hands without even counting... not to mention the 10 baskets on the floor...

First thought, they are damn rich, second thought, where ever they are from, it must be severly shortage of confectionaries... (e.g. some kampunp where ppl have loads of lands and farming business but no where to spend the money =p)

Then the moment I was waiting for... the cashier to hit the total, and tadaa!!! $1,027.58. I think I shud tell my mom to buy toto and 4D, i mean this number has to be a msg from GOD or soemthign.. how often u see someone shopping thousand dollar worth of candies? It is not like some luxury meal or something.. but the shopping bag u see them carry, it cud easily be fill into a mini cooper and let u play the "Guess how many kit kat in the Mini Cooper" kind of game.

Really amusing to be waiting there.. for once someone impatient like me actually wasn't grumpy.. rather I was like enjoying the whole process... I was even tempted to take a photo of the cashier total amount but on second thought.. better not la.. so paiseh..

Rich is for sure though, the lady was laying her LV purse on iPad on the counter as if some kind of tray or something... !?! yes it is an iPad, a THING that is currently out of stock practically everywhere on the island, and she is ABUSING it like that!

I was even picturing how she bought it,

*********************************************

Rich Lady: So what's the latest and most expensive gadget now... I want the latest ya..

Evil Business Man: Oh, latest most "geng" is iPad lo, now outside got money also cannot get la, and we have one last one...

Rich Lady: Oo really so good? How much ya?

Evil Business Man: Normal price we sell 6k, but since it is the last one I give u a discount la, $5,998...

Rich Lady: wah, so new and so cheap, okay I take it! If got anymore call me back yea.. wanna get one more for Ahmad, my driver, so he can play with it when waiting for me to do shopping..

***********************************************

i mean Kampung might not even have wifi or mobile internet coverage.. wonder if she knows that?

Anyway... a really interesting evening at Candy Empire ^^

A song for the Candy family..

3 comments:

  1. Too rich. Nothing better to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha....good picturing of the bitchy rich and evil bizman. I like that. SG economy is booming like no one business, GDP achieve double digits (14%-15%) growth and more amazing is for such a developed economy...Haiz..Malaysia Tak Boleh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will, yea.. that's so true... the way they spend u can only think of 2 thigns.. so rich, and so hungry.. =p

    SKy, thanks again.. hehe.. booming but a lot are foreigners actually.. especially the expat, they are the rich one..

    ReplyDelete