Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Signs

When it took me one whole mnnth of May to shift my sleep pattern, with the help of early rainy june weather during the daytime, I knew it wasnt going to be easy to switch back to night shift again after 2 weeks of training.. Especially when i only managed 4 hours yesterday, I was basically fainting thru the night.. lucky thing is no boss is around!

There are signs that after all these years makes me aware something is wrong in my body. Falling sick is of course the most obvious, but thats like red alert and a too-late-buddy kinda sign.. And those yellow alerts for me are like having very bad dandruff condition (eewww, but fyi it is not because i didnt wash my hair) or getting ulcers! (OUCH!! I hate this one!) I notice these ae very prominet signs when i dun get enough sleep or i stay up real late (back in uni time). This time round, BOTH are showing..

Seems like there is indeed a price to pay for these night shifts.. I was still so proud of myself 3 weeks back when the doctor (looking impressed) telling me my health screening result was good, everything falls in the healthy, fit, good category. (And I mean seriously, it was the way the doctor said it that gives me the impression as if a 'normal' person here in this city should have some condition not normal, so when u are perfectly healthy it is abnormal or rare..) but now i really have doubt.. hmm maybe i can sue the hospital for giving false-encouraging-results?

3 comments: