Friday, November 26, 2010

Blog - It is actually a Diary

Just stating the obvious. But there are probably some younger gen who never thought about how blogging got its name. To them and the future gen, its probably like why would I ask how come the first meal of the day is called "breakfast"? I suppose I am one of those who grow up in the era to see computer boom, and actually read an article on newspaper about blog is actually web log and how it was then used by some creative people as e-diary. (Again , diary is a diary, how many would ask about the origin of the word right?)

Okay, after all these, I have recently got this realization that, "oh yea, my blog is actually my diary, like you know if i write it in a notebook or real diary, a tangible one..". Why this sudden thought? Well, another question, since it "could" have been a tangible diary, have you ever thought how much you have written all these years? like how many diaries it would have been?

Well, recently a kind sir, who told me my blog entries are pretty lengthy, so he actually printed out to take home to read, and it is actually close to 600 pages long! I was stunned. I mean, it cud have been a book, 600 pages, that's already harry potter's thickest book standard. The length of course, not content.. =p Nothing to brag about as I have only been blogging for a year plus, but it is actually something you never realize.. thanks to the kind sir for discovering this.. and actually really printing it all..

Also, it reminds me, my dad has always been encouraging me to write diary, but I used to give up after a week... and now, 600 pages? life, you just never know...

************************************************

Wall street bull ~

5 comments:

  1. Someone actually printed it? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have turned all your postings into memoir of Kidz...sure more sellable than Dr.M and MM Lee's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will, he says so... I am not 100% sure..

    Haha, Sky! Thank you!! but in reality I doubt if anyone will buy..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kidz,stumbled upon your blog last Friday.boy,it took me 4 hours to just read about 50% of both the prequel and this current blog.

    I have to admit some parts are lengthy,nevertheless,thanks for sharing your feelings and thoughts and your life over here.
    Do take good care and wish you will be happier in the many more days to come.Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Daniel, Welcome!! and thanks for spending the time to browse this little diary. I am definitely working on my writing skills... hopefully the writing gets more reader-friendly in time to come.. =)

    ReplyDelete