Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Expectation - keep it low?

I remember when I took PMR, my school result was like in the 80+ in the school. Thus when I was getting my results it surprises me that I got straight A's. The same happen for STPM, when I was actually the best result in my school and made it to all the local chinese newspaper. (okay, technically not the best, but since only like 5 person took 5 subjects, which is one extra and I was the best among the 5 person. it "appears" I was the best that year)

All these surprises came when I least expected. And it seems a great way to take things, minimal dissapointment and you might even get surprises, like a bonus. Although on the other hand, it seems like we are always taught to set high goals, and isn't it natural to have high expectations too then?

Well all said, eventually it comes back to talk about "guys". It seems the best way to protect oneself is to expect lesset.. yet most of the time, you would start constructing images about the person u thought as potential. Is it even possible that you are interested in someone, spend time talking and yet keep a very low expectation about him? like being indifferent?

I really do doubt...

*****************************************

Smiles, in DC...

6 comments:

  1. Expectation is a tricky thing. The best that one can do is to come up with a theoretical strategy and try to stick to it as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe we do set expectation, but expectation may vary from time to time...it can be higher when situation is in favor of you or the other round. However, please don't lower the expectation due to desperate...we need to love ourself more than anyone...good smiley face.

    PS: Wow, you are top stud? Str8 As in STPM? Respect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe. Top student. Just go with the flow la. Less crash and burn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. JJ, "theoritical strategy" for love expectation, sounds like emotional-meets-rational to me..

    Sky, but then again, how do we judge out position or situation if it is in our favour when feelings are concerned.. as ever, thanks for the compliment, u r being generous as ever.. =)

    William zhai, go with what flow?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kidz: How to judge, 凭感觉 loh.....I respect str8 A stud...Darren is also one...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice to see someone with the same mindset. that way i will not be that disappointed with mediocre results and will thank God for the surprising good results. sadly the surprising-good-results never happen since uni started haha! :)
    but as for guys, sometimes i still think i have quite some expectation, hmmm maybe its time to apply the same principle for a try?

    ReplyDelete