Monday, July 19, 2010

Compatibility

Okay, being an emotional animal obviously it is unlikely I am going to talk about electronic devices or software systems although I am IT person...

Does a couple really need to be compatible in several aspects to be able to live together? Or asking it in another way, does 2 people from different education back ground, educational back ground, social circle suffers a lot when they try to be together? Or it is unlikely it will last at all?

It kinda ponder my thought cause being from Malaysia and even with Singaporeans, sometimes I feel there is a different in expectations and the way we look at life. That's just a very general scope, but it really says about the education environment, the people around, and growing up in a country that has higher standards in many way. But that's still fairly general if you compare to the status of 2 person like from a rich and ordinary family. Or one highly educated while the other just finish secondary school...

Many say wat's most important in a relationship is the communication. But what one says is what one thinks, and many times, how one thinks comes again from the way one is brought up and education. Is it fair to say that?

But there are also another part of it like the people that influence the person, or the personality that is born within a person. He might not be well educated due to many reasons, probably the family condition or soemthing. But he can still have a kind heart, a positive thinking and generous personality, compare to many educated yet selfish person, at least this is a good side as a soulmate?

I am not sure I have seen any really different people (in terms of background) coming together... I have only seen a straight couple, my uni friend in a rs with a chef, but it didn't work out eventually. So it kinda leaves me wondering IF the ability to be compatible has really such great influence?

*****************************************

A personal preference, I love this contestant's performance, all the time..



I guess, in love if our faith and commitment for each other is strong enough, it will definitely survive... I will survive!

3 comments:

  1. I believe compatibility is important (may not be ultimate)....I am not looking down anyone with lower education, but if the gap is huge, it's kind of difficult for long term relationship. I used to have a young hair stylish as bf; the passion didn't last few quarters as the topics of conversation are getting lesser over the time...to maintain a healthy lovin' LTR, communication, common interest, passion and etc have their roles to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen *really* different people come together. And they're still together. It does help when you share a same mindset, but I guess its how hard you work it out.

    As for me and KH, I think our perception of things is quite different at times. But it keeps things interesting. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sky u gave me a negative example, Will u gave me positive example... haha... i guess it means there is no definite answers to this kind of question...

    ReplyDelete