Thursday, July 1, 2010

E-Dating

One of the most difficult thing in gay social networking is how to get to know someone. Someone in the scene (eg. clubbers, drinkers at bars) would probably find it easier because they go around the places, get to know people, friends' friends etc... The rest (eg. Me) would depend highly on the internet. Anyway, that was how i get to knew Someone.. even thinking back.. the first encounter was still one of the sweetest things that ever happened to me.. So not really a bad way...

Except, it takes a lot of luck and time and dissapointment until u bump into someone that feels right.

E-Dating, or electronic dating, is what I call when you keep talking to someone over MSN, SMS, E-mails, or any messaging service on ur computers, handheld devices.. The good thing, it can happen almost anytime anywhere and you really get to know someone in terms of personality, how he presents himself, the things he say.. a more intellectual side of someone. The down side? which also is the biggest problem is you NEVER see this person in real be4. I know this sounds shallow, but physical attraction, the way he is in real life does play a part in the feeling for someone doesn't it? it has to feel right before anything more can go on...

One of the most painful encounters I had is probably chatting with someone over a whole week and he was the one who is really keen... until we meet up, i am the keen one but he just felt i was different from his expectations... So it was rather sad after all the sweet things happening over the air in the past week.. suddenly someone who likes you doesn't anymore...

The more this happen, the more i have a bad feeling doing it.. and there is always the fear that when you see the real person, everything changes.. and then it makes you feel like to be more reserved and not put too much hope or good feeling into this person... but still, that seems to be the way to get to know someone..

Wish me luck?

***********************************************

The Original..



You were my strength when i was weak...
You saw the best that was in me...
You gave me faith cause you believe...
I am everything I am because you loved me...

What more can we ask for, when you have this someone... cherish always, the one who love you..

5 comments:

  1. Things must always start somewhere. Meet up as soon as you're comfortable. No point delaying and wasting each other's time if it's "not compatible".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe in fate, but I don't 100% trust anyone till I see him in person. To find someone good from the net is very dependent on the luck/fate...I met my dear from the net; but we met up once we decided to pursue further. Both were satisfied with the expectations. You can find yours fasttttt! Cheers and have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes dear its right its happen vary often that the person on chat or in real not matched. Mostly they are in opposite from our imagination so don't expect more from your chat friend. Seduce Women

    ReplyDelete
  4. Will.. actually that was how i felt too.. to meet up soon... before building up soemthing and then break easily... and painfully.. for either one..

    Sky.. thanks.. i hope so too.. =)

    Hiya Jyoti.. first time seeing you here.. well i guess keeping expectation minimal is indeed a good way to protect oneself.. getting surprise is always better than dissapointment.. but i guess after you started talking to each other, somehow something will be there.. else there wouldn't be so much conversation too right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I experienced this a few times although it never really progressed to the meeting up stage. Most people just ignore me once i give them my identity.

    I guess i must be really ugly to them.

    ReplyDelete