Tuesday, July 6, 2010

You run, I run

Every morning I will go thru 2 interchange in order to reach my station. One of it requires a bit of walk and something interesting happen...

I was walking to the platform of another train line in the first interchange, there is a corner where u have to turn into to take a lift up to the next platform. And there is a electronic display at the lift which shows the time the next train arive. However u have to reach at least the junction in order to see the time for next train.

So what happen was there was this school boy in front of me who was at the corner, he look up at the display and immediately dash forward. so that probably says his train is there or will be very soon. almost immediately after the boy start to dash forward, i heard a loud footstep behind me, another uncle in his 40s or 50s also rush passed me to the junction. But once he reached and look up at the time, he slowed down and was walking slowly again. why? cause the boy is going to another direction and the old uncle's train (which i later notice is my direction) has not arrived yet.

From a symphathy point of view, this is how stressful living in this city is, not even able to spare a few minutes for the next train. (notice he has to climb a flight of escalator steps before he can reach the platform, so even if he runs there is still no guarantee)..

From a sarcastic point of view, welcome to kiasu land... where you run, i run.. and figure why i need to run later..

2 comments: