Monday, January 3, 2011

The Countdown

Prior to 2010, most of my countdown are simply just at home, watch TV countdown then sleep... That's about it.

Then in 2009/10 something interesting happened, someone proposed Night Cycling on the eve, a very common activity in Singapore especially Uni but we are doing it on the eve, cycling into 2010.

Starting from the Famous East Coast Park, ECP,


Then we stopped at geylang for the famous Soya Bean (and prostitution) and our girlfriends were being stared by those old uncles walking past, probably because of those really short sports shorts.. I was like LOL-ing...

Then we reached a bridge just 10 minutes before countdown... and BOOM!


Next was another break-ie at Newton Circle..


Then we turned around and hit Central Downtown, where lots of people are drunken and lying on the floor... CBD, that's the most interesting and unorganized sight I have even seen in Sg...


Finally when everyone is TOTALLY exhausted, we reached back in ECP in the morning... McD Breakfast before returning the bic and making our way home into 2010..


It was REALLY FUN!!!

*******************************************

So after a year, pay raise, and meeting a new group of "kaya" punya friend, i got intro into a more comfy (also expensive) way of welcoming 2011. We went to City Space Bar at Swissotel. It is located at the 70th floor... and the lightings the ambience everything says classy... no heavy crowd, no sweating, all just drinks after drinks and we have some sushi too and FREE FLOW OF KACANG... (okay that sounds cheap, I know.. but free flow leh, go check how much Kbox is charging per miserable bowl)

There is also New Asia Bar above full of tall, well dressed girls and also LENGZAI's Yes, all those fine dressed, well groomed, tall, handsome lengzai, it makes all those clubs like Play, Taboo and Zirca looks totally out of League... But we didn't hang around there much, just walk thru and have a feel.. and back to our comfy table at the bar below with Piano and a sweet lady singinging (and also keep promoting us, a table of 6 "single" handsome guys, girls are welcome.. so NOT, we want Lengzai's! and for the record, 4 are attached and 2 among them are couple okay!)

No doubt the view is the one that cost so much, but totally spectacular... we can actually see like 3 different places having fireworks. And the lights of the Lion City...

Okay, here I would like to apologize to the Lengzai friend next to me, I am not sure if he minds me putting up the photo on blog but I really couldn't find one that shows the nice city view and me alone... And I am not sure if I shud expose the lengzai's face without his permission but just thought I shudn't take chance.. so Sorry~~ !

Expensive, but totally worth it... it was a very cozy evening, but it was nothing less fun than last year, a good chat with like minded friends can be really fun too..

*******************************************

During the countdown, we were hugging each other, but particularly when I notice the couple hugging, it was soo different, they were really hugging each other passionately, it is so obvious from their eyes, the way they look softly and gently at each other... Gosh I am jealous la....

Hopefully next year, I wont be taking photo alone again...

4 comments:

  1. Nothing better than hugging your love one...your turn is next, Kidz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hugging couple, definitely not CMon and Den right?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sky, I believe so... even when I was in bad times with my ex, everytime we part, I would still ask if I can hug him, and I always hug him hard, cause each time could have been the last time...

    Will, I think individually they prob prefer to hug me more.. =p kidding... kidding...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, next time I give you my signature bear hug, ok? :)

    ReplyDelete