Tuesday, January 18, 2011

A Place Called Here

Ever wonder where lost things/people go to? Cecelia Ahern says they go to a place called Here.

From the author of "P.S. I Love You", I was browsing in the bookstore and I have picked this up after flipping through a few chapters. I used to be a fan of science-fantasy kind of fictions, the theme itself of a place for missing people and things was interesting enough to make me buy it. First time reading Cecelia Ahern's book, it is not as cannot-let-down as Dan Brown or Rowling, neither as funny-laughter kind like shopaholic and devils wears prada series. However, it has the kind of mystery hidden every now and then to keep you going to the end of the book.

I am still at about 1/3 of the book. The reason I am writing this is simply I wanted to make a guess as to what the ending will be. Quick summary of the story, a girl, obsessed about finding missing stuffs since young has gone lost herself during one of her mission to find a missing person. She ended up at this place where all those people she has searched for through the years are living, as well as the things that gone missing. The problem is, no one ever got lost from there, or in other word, get out of that place.

I am pretty sure that none of the missing people will get back to real world, that's pretty much sure. Although some people believes she was suppose to be there to "save" them and bring them back to real world. But imagine people gone missing all these years suddenly appearing again. So yea.

So the question is, will the girl go back? If she does, it violates the rules in this whole gone-missing system. It could have been revealed in the end all these people who have gone missing are actually dead. So she might not go back. Cause it might be revealed in the end she actually encountered some misfortune but she lost her memory of that incident.

Somehow, I feel this story was written more for populating the idea that the missing people are living in a world where they have found their peace and quiet. They are not suffering, and they have their own comfortable life in another place. It was suppose to bring hope and belief to people whose family member are missing. What more to hope for, than they living well and happy?

There is also romance, but i kinda got a hunch it will be a sad one...

Gosh, what did i get myself into, I should be reading Mini Shopaholic....

*****************************************************

Our pride...



a.k.a. The William-I-Know-You-Are-Bottom song... =p

4 comments:

  1. Fuiyoh, what song is that? My office blocks YouTube and its ilk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've used the lyrics in a recent blog...

    will kh kill me for this..? =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess Lee - I watched this last Sun...very powerful Malaysian singer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup yup... I hope she will win, she truly deserves!!

    ReplyDelete