Thursday, April 15, 2010

Do you believe?

"Do you have a religious belief?"

I believe in things that I cannot explain, which include religions. But I am never a good follower, because I am the kind who likes to be free and not tied down by other people thoughts (in some way, but when it comes to relationship, it is my softpoint..).

I was in buddhist society committee member once and I have indeed learn a lot about the religion. I also have been to church (in Singapore) a couple of times and seen something that I never experience and never have thought (I don't mean seeing a miracle here).

I appreciate the thoughts of these great founders. They are definitely very smart people of their time to be able to apprehend so much. But there is always a part of religious that I strongly belief ties to the historic background, their time the culture back then. Thus I never quite belief is strict practicing and being over devoted. There is also a known fact of religious being used by politics throughout history, and furthermore, after so many centuries of passing down, there is naturally a doubt that something either in meaning of translation or passing from people to people that could have been distorted or "changed". I mean naturally these things do happen cause not 2 person are alike, so everyone study it with their own understanding...

So how i see religious is to take watever you feel is right, built our own believe on the "right" things. It gives us confidence that such belief are shared by the wise man who lived thousands years ago and many more. But never blindly believe..

*************************************************

Many think he is hot (handsome? erm... subjective i guess), but... not my kind i guess, but i do like some of his songs.. like this one.

8 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Found your blog through William. Nice to know another Msian here haha

    Anyway, think the singer is ok only le ... not very hot.

    If you are bored in Sg, can contact me ;P But I'll only be free next month! Busy studying this month for exam!

    Cheers! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Derek: *tarik telinga* :P

    "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."
    -- John 20:29.

    Thus is the nature of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i agree.. whatever the religion is, they have one thing in common, that is to guide you to a good direction and to believe that life is indeed something beautiful.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol... derek and william u 2 r so funny..

    seems like william will probably drop by more often now to check on derek huh =p

    @derek.. sure sure lets hang out some time.. *with approval of course =p

    ReplyDelete
  5. sk.. yea.. exactly.. more so is not to be extreme and misuse it.. rather a moral support and a guidance when in doubts but not the answer itself..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Derek can do what he wants. *blek*. :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey,

    Can please email me at derleekh@yahoo.com? Thanks!

    Derek

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have emailed... mine is chihping.ong@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete