Saturday, April 17, 2010

My First Swarovski : For A Special Person

Today I bought my first ever Swarovski!!!

Okay, it is not exactly the most luxury jewelery around to boast about but still, it is relatively not cheap compare to my salary.. so still proud of it!!

Except it is not exactly for myself.. =p so i guess should have said my first purchase with Swarovski..

So this is it...!! Tadaa..


U probably wonder.. huh.. r u kidding.. wat kind of necklace is this, sciccors!??

well.. there is a reason of course.. first of all, this is a gift for my mom and she is a tailor. She has always been a housewife and doing part time tailoring for years because she has to look after us. She is skillfull no doubt but lack the opportunity. So when i went to university, and she has more time, she started working in a shop as an employee.. however, although she is skilled and the customer likes her.. her boss eventually fire her because there is another lady willing to be paid lower (my mom was getting a mere RM400 only back then..) her boss has always been exploiting them and then she even did this. I was furious then, cause obviously that salary was only for my mom to occupy her time with her interest and make friends with her cient, but she shudn't have to be treated like that! but the good side is, my mom has learned how a tailoring shop operates, the market price and so on.. so eventually i encourage her to start her own business.. a small stall. even better, the client from her previous stall actually came to her cause they like her and my mom was charging reasonably.. And i can say it went pretty well, i didn't ask how much she make monthly cause that's not the main concern aslong as she is not loosing money.. but just to give an idea on the business, last year my convocation was in late july, so she has to come here and close store, when i spoke to her around early june bout the dates.. she told me she has to reject some orders for my convo cause the booking is already so far down there.. i was speechless =s

So i thought scissors and threads necklace is such a unique design for her birthday and mothers day this year.. hope she likes it!

btw, in case u wonder if they make screwdriver and hammer design for engineers technicians.. nope cause this is not occupation collection, it is from the 'Alice In Wonderland' collection.. cool right!

4 comments:

  1. Quite an uncommon design. Unique. Yes, Swarovski nearly hits jewelery prices! Your momma would be proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hee.. thanks Will.. =)

    just thought it is really meaningful and until i can afford diamonds crystal aint too bad huh =p

    ReplyDelete
  3. wat mummy wants is not those yah. all mums in the world wants is their kids close with them. lolx. well, hope ur mum likes it. mum will say, son save the $ for married. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. nvm.. i will tell mummy that the other guy will be paying the wedding expenses, i dont have to worry bout it =p

    ReplyDelete