Monday, December 27, 2010

The Gay $tatus

The pink dollar, it is definitely one significant chunk of money that whoever(country leader) plays ignorant will just loose out their share.

And it just gives out an impression that Gays or Lesbians are generally well being, determined to success, high powered group of people. The fact? well, I suppose so, I mean for one, couples who don't have kids obviously have more to spend. And from there, we know all we earn is all we are gonna have for our old days, no offspring watsoever to sponsor us, so better to have more than less, thus the determination.

Also, being gay, being rather shallow at times, gay have a tendency to seek someone so call "compatible". If you have been in this field long enough, you wud realize that in general money matters are sensitive matters. For me, it doesn't have to be equally well being, but being reasonably self-sustainable shud at least be the bottom line, so you wont feel that u r a burden to the other.

Well, having said that, there are still some who are willing to share their wealth, the lucky one- u met a guy who is generous and truely love you, the realistic one, you met a sugar daddy and you ought to grab as much as possible before he lost interest in you and go for a younger and cuter guy.

So, anyway, its all about status with the $. Lately I have been thinking of looking at options to further study. IT and my current job is great, but i cant see how far it can go, unless I am thinking of moving up the management line, but then again, I am not sure if I am the bossy kind of person or even competitive enough. Thus further study. But the fact is, I am doing something I see more of a challenge than a passion. I know I need to earn more than now, be it for my parents old age or even my own life, but sometimes I also feel that I am being a little shallow cause I think saying that your profession is IT doesn't really make you seems so appealing...

And back to the question, should it be about what you want and what you like. Does being gay really make us wanna strive harder, be it for the $ or the $tatus. I feel excited and I have a good opportunity to try it next year. But on the other hand, I am not really sure if I can do well...

Is doing a job you truly like and flying high overated? that reality is simply strive really hard on what is more guaranteed?

**********************************************

Another Manhattan Nite View,



Take living in this city for instance, how many people actually like what they are doing in this city, or merely just working because it pays them well enough to enjoy the luxury of this charming city?

5 comments:

  1. Yes, doing technical is quite a dead end in IT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree w/ Will..I'm in IT too...business development is something to be considered, if you can cope. Most CEO/GM has in depth sales experience. Not sure if further study will bring you more monetary return...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed my job a lot since I came into.. with big roles comes big responsibilities and big headache..

    gotta manage like 4-5 staff isnt easy.. and especially so when these staff are non-existent.. basically i am doing the work of 4-5 staff myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kidz, what do you plan to further study on if not MBA,since you already got IT degree?

    Aren't you working in Merryl Lynch? I heard salary of IT personnel in ML is very high ler..

    ReplyDelete
  5. WIll, yealo...

    Sky, well i just thought since I have time, and it seems affordable, can give it a shot to well invest in myself a bit...

    Takashi, haha, yea seen ur recruitment post many times, havent managed to get any sexy boys to be ur "all-round" assistant yet? =p

    Dan, many options around, need not be a continuation right, can learn more things in our life. Well, since merger, it is not the best anymore in the field in terms of pay, but neither are they exploiting us.

    ReplyDelete