Sunday, June 20, 2010

The 2 Ls



One of the best part in Sex and The City 2 is the opening, my favourite part at least, with this song repeating the "New York" and introducing the girls back then and now... it was really creative and cool!

So as many says, Sex and The City is for woman and gay, which i guess fair enough, the rest can go watch world cup. I was woke up in the middle of nite again, like 3am and wondering what should I do... end up i try to look for this movie on some streaming website as it keep popping into my mind after I read a few pages of the book in the book shop the previous day and also maybe i was trying to have something funny to chill... but instead of 2, I got Sex and The City, the first movie. That's cool too, it was only last year I watch it with Someone... Anyway, i remember it was really funny... So 2 and a half hours until this morning...

Carrie says, many young women goes to New York for 2 L, Labels and Love. Says the same for gays isn't it? Okay, maybe some prefer to say: "No, I am not into relationship" fair enough they can take Lust for the other "L" like Samantha. I was watching the movie and I realize there are many heart touching scenes than I remember like how the best friends stands up for each other, how heart breaking it was when she was dump at the wedding... something i didn't notice when I first watched...

The 2 Ls, first L for Labels. Or vanity... I guess being gay, as far as I have seen, most if not all appreciate beauty, be it on oneself or things around us, or the guy u are after, it is just a matter of to what extend it is important. But definitely it is there. So sometimes I wonder, why am I going to gym? I even doubt, is it because I am in Singapore that I am more particular about being in shape. Well, the answer seems to be the Yes and No. I mean I want to look good, it is like you want to make sure at least when a guy crosses u and you are into him, at least you too catch his eyes. But being here, or maybe any other big cities, wanting to be good is not enough, it is like you HAVE to be good, you HAVE to look good. Why? cause everyone else are good, if you are not, you loose in competition, it is like having a bad resume or soemthing... well always exception, like unless u are worth millions, then it is another story. But something i learned from the movies or the few pages of the book i have read, if u cannot change it (obviously), just live with it. It is just like, you might not like your boss, but your job is paying u bloody well, you will still happily do it and take the paycheck. Live is never perfect, we just have to live with it... That's the Label you have to carry, to be something someone is after... that's being gay..

Then the 2nd L,



Louise from St'Louis has found it, then she gave the keychain to Carrie and Carrie got back her Mr.Big too..

Have you found yours? Or are you even looking for it? If they can find love in New York, why should one give up here?

I know i can love, and i know i want it... so all I need now is just... The KEYCHAIN ?

3 comments:

  1. Well written Kidz...yes, u can love and you want it...go for it now, not just the key chain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get the keychain first, to get the ball rolling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha.. sky thanks.. i have never stopped once.. maybe like william said, get the keychain first to get the ball rolling =p

    sure hope it wont be long... every day passed is a day lesser..

    ReplyDelete