Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Angel

I made a call home yesterday to tell my mom I have received the package of snacks she send through my uncle. However, a phone call that I thought will last for 5 minutes has been extended for a good 30 minutes. = ="

Reason? ...

Some facts:

-My mom likes to nag, and she has got a pretty touchy temper.

-My brother has got little patience, and stubborn and WORST of all.. temper like my mom.

Putting that 2 together, whenever there are disgreement, instead of one being nice and tactfully resolve it (like me) all my brother does was just argue with her, and when he is still kiddish in his way that he starts to refuse to eat or do anything to show he is unhappy...faint..

In fact what happen was my mom was driving and he is giving directions based on the map while they were in another town, and somehow the direction was wrong. (I can tell you exactly the same thing happened 6-7 years ago except it was me sitting beside my mom, and I can TOTALLY understand my brother's frustration)

So it ended up I have to counsel the 2 of them... telling my mom to go easy on him, that he is big enough and not really as bad as she thought, giving examples.. then telling my brother to try to be tactful when talking to mom, that you dun have to agree 100% but you can always say "yea, yea, dun worry mom, i know... " and do whatever u want after that or try to reason out "peacefully"..

Phew... just when I think I have been good.. graduated on my own scholarship, never asked any money from my family, and now even started to send money home and saving up for my brother's study (which I am totally glad that I can afford).. but it just seems like Life isn't always as easy, there are still other things (like above) to take care of.. Gosh, I just feel mentally worn out after the phone session...

But well... c'est la vie..

***********************************************

In fact, it just gives me a thought about what I seek. I used to have a fantasy for a guy who is mature and can be a big brother, because ever since my dad has gone abroad to work 10 years ago, it has pretty much been down to me and my mom to lead the household. And sometimes it just feel a little tiring, that I hope I can be the one being taken care of and being pampered... sometimes..

But as times goes, it makes me realize that all I need is someone whom I can talk to, a person to listen, a company... In fact, I am so used to looking after others, it somehow makes me feel that i don't really mind having this special person to look after, to love and to pamper just like how I want my family to be happy...

An Angel in my life that keep me going, feel that life is meaningful, share my love, my time, my every moments and an Angel who I can make him happy, give all I can to put a smile on his face...

天使(Tian Shi) - Angel

5 comments:

  1. a big bro eh. lolx. y not. wan me lelong? haha... btw i'm proud of u, bringing home $. it means ur independant n u do take care of family. ah a family man. lelong can sell fast then. no worry. haha... u can help but make sure u have enuf to use too. esp ur health. oh btw, wats ur profile? haha...

    as for u taking care of ur mum n little bro is piece of cake yah. i took care of 4 siblings n entire hsehold n work partime while still schooling. u can be independant as i can see, as it was the same for me. but dont be like me. never had a bf. haha... made big kitchen hole. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... i know that one.. "sip zou la" =p

    cheers bro.. sometimes, things are just fated, we can only act with no regret and hope for best..

    ReplyDelete
  3. cheers bro? lolx... since when i got a little bro? lolx... if u keep on hoping like me, before u know it, its time to make a big kitchen hole. haha... sometimes we have to take the chance. i never had the chance. not even starters to start with.

    ps. i dont mind to have u as a little bro. do u?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, bro is just like a general name la.. anyway, i dun just hope.. i do wat i feel is right but somethings take 2 hands to work oso right? so that's the part i hope for best..

    u already hav 4 siblings.. dun overload urself leh.. hehe..

    ReplyDelete
  5. they r very big aledi. no need me this bro aledi. it wud be fun to have a small didi. hehe :P

    ReplyDelete