Sunday, March 14, 2010

If, 如果

What if... 如果... the existance of these words shows that it seems like be it English or Chinese, both these culture likes to assume what if things is the other way round... (I know many other languages have these words, but just these are my 2 main languages, okay maybe one more language that I know, malay is "Kalau" )

I know there are many ways of using this word IF, but obviously here I simply mean it is use to assume soemthing that happened, and what if it happen the other way. It is always a fantasy or a regret or probably a comfort when men try to imagine the IF situation. However, we know it just can never happen...

如果没有你 (ru guo mei you ni)



As the title says, what if you never came into my life. (I know this is not the direct translation but that's what it means in this song..) Karen Mok may not have a powerful voice, or fantastic features, but who can argue the way she sings a song touches one's heart deeply... the way she narate the whole story....

I guess I have probably written on this songs once, that I really love some of the lyrics...

"...If I have never met you, there wont be a past between us,
there wont be sadness,
But if there is a IF(if i have a choice), I will still choose to love you,
If I have never met you, it doesn't matter where I am, who I am cause I am incomplete..."

In life, there are people whom we wished we have never met, cause it leaves a scar in us, there are also people whom we are glad we met, cause they complete us, but there are also people who we couldn't hold forever, which we are glad to meet but regret that we cannot be with them forever... Which ever it is, I guess there is one common thing, that they make us grow up, to be a better person..

Simply writing this because suddenly had this feeling that different people I met makes me see things differently, I admit that I am easily affected by people around me, thus my perception. But all in all, it is like something being shape gradually. Not sure if those might be good or bad influence, but at least it is the best I feel at the time I do it. So no regrets, cause there will never be IF...

****************************************

Eye-candy version... touching nonetheless...

2 comments:

  1. ocp, if u still cant learn to let go of ur past, nobody can help you... painful experience is better to be forget, i can do so and why cant u?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huh? The lyrics is not for him... Just suddenly thought of these songs because of other reasons... but definitely not because of him... dun worry.. haa =)

    ReplyDelete