Thursday, March 25, 2010

Listening

If words spoken can be solidify like thought bubbles in comics, this big city small island will definitely become a Hazy place...

Sitting at toastbox yesterday evening, I suddenly realize that i have never seen "peace and quiet" in day time in Singapore through my four years, no matter where or when, be it ulu as NTU, it will always have someone around, talking about soemthing. I mean when i was back at home, a usual afternoon, my house will be so quiet that I have to on my TV to make it feel alive, unlike here, you would wish there is a switch to shut the noises around. Not-gonna happen of course...

Well since you can't shut it, why not just open up ur ears and listen? which is what I did, not that I am eavesdropping, it's just they are speaking too loud and physics law says sound wave will propagate in air... etc etc, so if they didn't want others to hear, they wudn't have spoken in public right? Right, of course. Sometimes being a little attentive can be interesting, i mean all the interesting I observe and heard from Toastbox, I remember I once say maybe i can write up a page on Evening at Toastbox, like the annoying kid, the young lady with old man couple, the bullsh_t guy showing off in front of girls (plain naive), and also my favourite waitress at Toastbox, I would rank her top 3 best customer service in Singapore (I mean honestly, you can feel her dedication very sincerely, if i am the store owner i would promote her as store manager when she qualifies) etc etc... Not just that, sometimes in office, opening up ur ears a little can prepare you for surprises that may or may not favour you...

Not that I like, but I really can't help noticing the noises, talkings around. It is just a never-quiet-city I am living in (okay, plus i am the kind who is a little nosy, just that little), so I usually pay attention to what others say if they look "interesing" .. Seriously, it trains your analysing and summarizing ability to process information quickly in your mind.

So listen around, you never know what surprise you might get, it is "free" afterall...

No comments:

Post a Comment