Sunday, January 10, 2010

Embarassing Moments

Have you experienced times when your boss is standing behind you and you are totally unaware of it and keep talking about something which he is concerned?

Yup, it is certainly scary, especially if you are bitching about him/her. =s

Okay, at least I wasn't bitching about him, but still it was so embarassing... What happen was the other day, I was finalizing a presentation slides(doing alignments and formating) for my boss as he needs to present it next week in the states. So i was consolidating for my team. Since it is urgent so i have my neighbour to help me. He was suppose to do it bottom up and i do top down. So naturally after a while, he was checking where I was, and I say i was at slide 26 and then ask which slide he is at. At first I heard him say 28, which I thought was okay as I have this impression that the whole thing has only about 30+ slides and he has been working on it for almost 20 minutes. So i just confirm with him

me: " 28?"

colleague: "no, THIRTY-EIGHT.."

me: " Huh, got so many MEH?"

I say it quite loud as he is sitting opposite me and there is a divider between us. Then i heard a cheery voice from behind...

??? : " Yup, that's why I am gonna trim down half of it."

I turn back to see and my boss was smiling at me...

OMG!!!! This is like damn embarassing (although he sees i am working hard on the slides which can't be a bad thing right?), but then i was speaking so chinese-ish.. .the "MEH" was like really loud and clear... ='(

i feel so embarassed... but i really had no idea when my boss came behind me, I must be concentrating hard on the slides =p.. but gosh, it is still embarassing to even think back.

This is certainly one of the most embarassing moments, on par with the other toilet events ( one of it was when I had long hair, and then some guy came in while i was at the basin, and he thought he entered a girl toilet. then another time when an old cleaning auntie keep telling me I am in the wrong toilet and ask me to go next door to the female one, i can still remember her expression, as if i am some kind of psycho.. then the tiem when i thought i have lock the door... gosh, this is another super embarassing one..)

*****************************************

Like Tanya says, love is beautiful...

One of the things I enjoy doing most is putting on my earphone, watching the MV and listening to the songs, to the lyrics and following the story of the music video. Especially for songs where the lyrics is beautiful. It is really touching and emotional.



Love is beautiful, because you are there to guard me; love is beautiful, because I believe in you; love is beautiful, because we both believe we have the courage to love every single moment of our lives...

No comments:

Post a Comment