Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Simple, continued..

As I was reading back on my yesterday entry, I realize I have said simple life in a too general terms. Well most importantly, I kinda feel maybe Someone will probably think "You call that simple, after what you expected from me?"

So I did say I long for simple relationship, but what does simple relationship means? This is probably a very subjective statement. To some, simple means each other can have their own life, but still meet up once a while when each other is board to do whatever they feel like. Simple can also mean that they don't like to be very high profile, in fact probably it will be the other way round that they keep it very low profile and only act like normal friends. Or simple as simple as 2 person enjoy living together, just with each other's company simple as that..

However what I meant simple was that I don't need a car, a flat, I dun need posh restaurants, I dun need hundreds dollar gifts (hmm should i say thousands). But I do have my expectations, like I like to feel I do play a role in his life, make him smile, lend him a shoulder, like I like to know that I am one of his priority in his life, i know career is important, but there can be a balance right? Like I also want to have romantic relationship like just any other couples, like I like to wear couple rings, rather than getting this feeliing that it is embarassing because people will notice 2 guys are wearing similar rings, or even going to shop for it. I want to stick together whenever we can, and not feeling why do we have to see or meet so often. Like I would like to share secrets, rather than feeling one's interfering with the other's life too much. Open relationship, that we can talk about anything, trust and be trusted, respect and understanding... The list just go on and on.. but I am ready to provide all these in return and more...

Well maybe you can say afterall I don't expect a simple relationship, but to me those are jsut the basic things in a relationship, I dun think of it so much as "expectation" as i feel it should happen naturally when you are trying to make someone part of your life, making and effort to build a relationship that is lifelong experience and bringing someone into your life who you strongly believe will stay there forever..

To me it is simple. Because I don't expect anything solid (money and materialistic) but rather just a soulmate, a person i like and a person who likes me.. (It just makes me feel sick when people talk about financially independent, talk about how gays relationship are unstable and shouldn't 'invest' too much, how we shud save huge chunk of money for ourselves as we aged, seriously, being able to give is a blessing, what's wrong with helping out your loves ones, if you already had reserved about giving, how much do you really love someone.. talk about lifelong, no wonder it doesn't last, i would be surprise it does.. long winded again =p)

********************************************

To a dear friend, sorry to hear what happen, the first song that came to my mind was 分手快乐 by fish leong. But I never really like this song much, because till now, i never felt "happy" for any break ups... though the lyrics is positive, that you will find a better next one but still the mood isn't right..

So I thought of this, something i really like, Like you say L, life is never easy especially for us. In fact it is not fair, in a relationship, we can never measure who's right who's wrong, who owes who... It is 2 person making an effort to be together, but if it fails, it probably just meant that somethings weren't meant to be..

It is not easy, it is not fair, but be strong, be positive, you never know what fate has for you, it maybe cruel but it is probably preparing you for the ultimate perrson, so you are 100% ready for the right person who appears at the right place and the right moment =)

不公平

2 comments:

  1. i hope so... or i might jst stay single for a while first~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess like the saying, you dun go and look for love, it comes to you. So yup, takes what comes by, and enjoy life... but you should be prepared, so you wont hesitate when it really comes.. u never know right? =)

    ReplyDelete