Friday, January 1, 2010

From 2009 to 2010 : HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year!!!

I thought I should dedicate this post to how I have gone through from the year 2009 to 2010.

Okay, it sounds as though I am going to review my year 2009 and my hopes for 2010... well Nope, it is too much to think and type =p. Further more i don't really make resolutions so there isn't a checklist to look at either.

What I meant is simply the last day of 2009 to the first day of 2010.

*****************************************

Last Day of 2009,

I have to say this day was quite good. It didn't started off as a very pleasant day ( cause i have been preparing for the presentation until like 12 somthing). Then preparing for the night cycling and not knowing if there is a half day off I was forced to bring along my shoes and soem shirts to chang in case I cannot make it back in time and have to go directly.

But then the day actually gets better, though we have some last minute rushed through the presentation and my boss did commented on bits and pieces of the presentation, but surprisingly, I actually have a few people coming to me after the presentation to tell me that it was a good presentation. I mean seriously how often do you get people not sleeping during your presentation or doing something else, i.e. sending sms?

I even get an interesting comments from a girl: "That was a really good presentation, and seriously i really mean it because I can actually understand what you are presenting." (we actually have 3 presenation on that day by my team and I am one of them, and prior to that we have like about 10 presenations from US teams, just to give an idea what this comment imply =p) And furthermore the people are actually from another team, whom frankly we don't know each other well. But they gave their compliments. I was so flattered ^^...

So the working part of the day ended pretty well.. PLUS WE HAVE HALF DAY OFF!!! Then I joined 2 of my indian colleagues for lunchat little india. There is this vegetarian shop which is really good except the shop wasn't as classy. But the food was fantastic. I really love it. Then they were showing me Mustafa (it was my first time there even I have been here like 4 years), and then some other shops around little india for my "research".

Then the evening was left to preparing for the night cycling and going to East Coast Park...

********************************************
From 2009-2010, on a bike...

East Coast Park is like totally different part of Singapore. I was quite surprised by the ambience there especially in the evening. The different eateries, it actuallly feel very "beach" like. With the musics and people cycling, roller-blading and the drink places. Much like resort places.. Nice!

By the time we had dinner (subway for me) and got our bicycle ready it was 9.30pm. There was a last minute route change due to the possible road block at our initial route because of countdown. So we decided to take the reverse route.

And guess what, this little thing has actually became star of the nite..


My dear N82. For one because of the camera, all the following pictures are taken by this baby. But the main reason of it being the STAR is the GPS function in it. None of us actually know the route except from Map. But with N82, we get to know our precise location and how to move from there. So ended up me and my other housemate who planned the route were leading the group... So Cool!!

So that's our group:


And the cheers, everyone is pretty heat up and hyper at the moment... Whooooooooooooosh!


We started from Siglap road to Sime Ave. Then move towards Geylang and have some Yong-He soya milk. This was the first time I been to Geylang. (Gosh, so many first time in one night =p) Then it was around 11.30 we thought we should find somewhere to count down. And looking at the map it seems like Kallang river was the nearest possible place. To be honest, we had no idea how far it is and if we will really make it (not to mention how crowded the bloody street is, we hardly could cycle through the crowd and so many people stopping cabs, cars by the roadside, and the drunk people and the ... well u know what in Geylang), but... WE MADE IT!!

This was taken on the bridge. We reach the bridge just about 10 minutes before 2010. Then the fireworks starts...

The next one is suppose to be the fireworks (just stating because I couldn't catch a nice one, and u might not even notice it. Although it doesn't look like fireworks, but it is... look at the 2 little cloud of lights to the right of the flyer!).



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

Then we continue towards lavender, bugis and then turn into Bukit Timah road and head towards newton circus (where we had a little supper) the journey continues all the way until ferrer road. It was a lot of cycling for this part... until 3am when we reached this MacDonals somewhere along ferrer road.



Everyone was already very worn out by then, so i went around asking them to pose in a 3am look. Hmm but i think i need to practice on my acting.. not really a 3am- look right.. but I was kinda excited whole nite cause i was busy GPS-ing and mapping to their route plan.. And afterall the leading team cannot be tired right =p

Then we turn into commonwealth avenue cycle all the way until Havelock road where we saw the river, and this was when we took a detour again, to clarke-quay and then esplanade. This place is really crazy especially after the countdown, many people sitting around the ground chatting, some drunk, some playing games and even more still clubbing and drinking in the shops... 4am, can you imagine!! And we discover a stretch of this clubs, bars by mistake, so happening..

Then we went on to Nicole Highway from Esplanade. This is again another long path to cycle. Halfway though my partner's bicycle has got some problem. But the good thing is, we have a mechanical engineer who works in Shimano in the team, one of the most famous bicycle manufacturer. How cool can that be ^^ (he also told me the most expensive bicycle their plant produce cost 15K, =O) . So problem fixed without much hassle. Except it was pretty dangerous they did it just by the roadside.


So after turning into mountbatten road and finishing fort road at around 5.30am, we are there!!!

This was taken at a small jetty at one of the the very far end of ECP..

Everyine was exhausted, but I feel so proud!! We finish the whole journey on ourselves, we don't know anything about the roads in Singapore, there is no one who had nite-cycled experience... but we did it!!!

********************************************
First day of 2010,

I was still OKAY when everyone is like fainting and resting at the jetty. Then we get everyone to cycle to McDonalds which is near to the shop where we are suppose to return the bike at 8am. So we waited in McD. It was only when I sat down in McD that i realize how exhausted I am. I actually fell asleep... Then around 8 i was woken by my friends, we waited for the long queue at the bike shop to return and then took a cab home with my 2 other housemates... then it was time to faint...

Woke up at around 3pm to have my lunch, then did a little reseach and analysis on the benefit and drawback of a technology investment.. =p

Then i feel tired again and went back to sleep. I never knew how exhausted I am, mentally and physically... ( pain in the inner thighs and back :$) even now... after sleeping so long i felt i can still sleep for long..

So that's the first day of 2010. To Charge up (sleeping =p) for the Year to come!!!

It will be a GOOOOOD YEAR, Best wishes and Happy New Year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment