Monday, January 18, 2010

Old age in Singapore?

Disclaimer: This is purely written based on personal experience, without any reference to research or statistics.

************************************************

I know it is redundant to add the first line, it is my blog anyway and I can write whatever i want.. But just thought something different for a change :P

I was taking train home as usual. When I was half-way from clementi to jurong east station ( which is quite long about 5-7 minutes)I saw a middle age lady was edging towards the door. Okay, so a middle age lady is walking to the door, is there anything exciting? *yawn*

Of course right, else i wouldn't be writing this. First thing is the next station is an interchange station which means many people will be alighting. At first I thought the lady was affraid she coudn't make it to the door in time, as she seems to have difficulty walking and she is carrying a lot of stuffs. Then I thought, gosh... poor lady, must be hard for her to have to squeeze and race with the young people.. the pace is pretty fast here in Singapore, needless to say. So being part of the workforce, it is inevitable to have to follow, despite you are already at those kind of retirement age. I was imagining my mom has to take the train, and edge towards the door way before the train reaches the station ( like 5 minutes before the train reaches), gosh.. i rather they stay in ipoh comfortably with our modest little car...

Then the moment the train reaches, I saw the lady walking as fast as she can (still pretty slow cause she seems to have some problem with her legs) towards the train opposite, just to fight for a seat... OKAY, I am very sure i wont want my mom to stay here unless I can afford to let her take cab everywhere she wants to go and have a car.. life is really much better and easier for aging people in Malaysia, or anywhere... but definitely not Singapore...

Sigh, everything is fine in this Big city, small island. Yet it is not the best place for a "life"

*************************************************

This is a really old song (obviously from the MV), from a Diva though. Again, I came across it because of some singing competition and really like the lyrics. It is about being a "pawn" in the game of love. All controlled by someone, yet not the most important one in the game. That's probably one of the saddest things in a relationship, that you were never important...

2 comments:

  1. no one help the old lady? gosh~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well... she can still walk, not that old actually. But yea, no one help, just glad that she manage to get a seat after that, but feel really bad to see older folks struggle like that..

    ReplyDelete