Thursday, January 14, 2010

Friends really come and go?

This phrase was first told to me by one of my best friend at university. At that point, I was still childishly thinking.. No, no, i know my high school best friend will always be my life best friend. Everytime I go home, I will definitely call them out to gather as much as possible. But then as tiem goes, we are all busy with our own arrangements, and we hardly see each other, not so much common topics but simply how are you and sharing of how life is now. Until eventually, we dun even meet once a year. I realize that, maybe my uni friend was right afterall, friends do come and go..

But what about my uni best friend? I know he really knows me well, and he accompany me thru so many things. And then another girl came into our friends circle, and while I was away in Shanghai, it seems somethign is growing behind my back, until very recently that I realize, okay so something is "on" between them. It is not an obvious thingy and no one admits it. But I can tell..

Except my uni best friend seems to have changed. Last time, he used to be a very fair person. He is respectful of others, he helps, he sticks to his believe strongly. But now, my best friend seems to be more practical. He does thing that is usually benifitial to himself, not so much about others. Then with my other best friend, he is totally biased and giving in. One moment he may say he doesn't feel like eating. But the next, if our little princess is hungry, he will accompany her to eat dinner. So how's that? I simply feel that i dun understand him like how i used to now... =s

Especially the one year with Someone, I have pretty much been out of their life... well my own problem anyway.. And it just give me another thought about the phrase, Friends comes and goes, we have to move on to our own life. I guess eventualy what we want is probably the ONE person that will be with you forever and not move on like friends, this is love right? like the vow, where you have to say " I DO " and give your promise to the person you love. Probably that's one thing that will be with us forever...

**********************************************

Kinda weird why I mention this suddenly, well what happen was our little princess is not around this evening, so when her roomie ask my best friend to adjust the wall clock (he is the tallest) he keep giving excuse to reject. I was thinking if our princess is around, I am 110% sure that wont happen. He probably will just go straight and do it... Sigh... people do change... but this is really different from the person I know back then...

There goes my best friend... Sigh, all the more lonely now...

2 comments:

  1. friends do come and go, jst imagine u urself as a bus... at every bus-stop (life period), u will pick up different ppl and they might be ur frend, family, lover, enemy... but they might go down on the next few stop...

    but i m proud to say tat i have these 2 best frend whom are still my best frend... one from the kindergarden and another 1 from standard 5... and till now we still plan to go travel together... though we might not have the chance to meet often... but we precious each other frenship...

    so let's hope that both of us can build up a true frenship then :) cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks L, U have been very supportive all these while, really apprciate that =)

    Yea, next time if I get to visit KL, sure find you yum cha ^^

    Definitely miss the mamak stalls, Kim Gary, and shopping there...

    ReplyDelete