Friday, January 15, 2010

Some thoughts, Superficial Again?

I know I have written something on superficial previously so this entry is definitely on something else... Except what happened kinda reminds me of superficial, so the name...

And i realize it has been a while since I use my own photos, i have been too lazy and keep using youtube clips =p

**********************************************

So what happen was, today I was walking around Marina Square with my friend and we passed by Zara. It was crowded as usual but we just manage to squeeze in and browse around. Then I saw this shirt, which was on sale, nicely folded and best thing is it has "S" size which was actually uncommon for sales item.

Let's call it Shirt A (the black words "SKI CLUB" actually has reflective black pieces on it, so it is quite eye-catchy under lights)


Somewhere nearby, I found this second piece, which was thrown among a pile of messy shirts and when I took it up it was folded inside out and as you can see from the picture below, you probably doubt if this is really a shirt because of the shape.

Shirt B (also size S)


Okay, so both the shirt was place at the same corner pricing of $29. For Shirt A, the usual price was $49, i knew about it because one of my friend likes Zara shirt and I have seen him bought at original price. Thus I thought it was a good bargain. The second one, surprisingly was selling at $75 at usual price, I was like =s what?

This piece of deformed shirt cost $75, gosh, it must be very special. ( I realize i fancy weird design stuffs, erm I mean special..)

So eventually went to try them out. Shirt A fits just nice... a bit on the fitting side but nice.. The second piece, guess what, the weird extra part above the head is actually to give layering effect.. like this,

(p.s. plesase dun comment on the model, you are not suppose to know who that is)

It look really good especially from far, it adds details to the collar part and makes the shirt look really unique. Furthermore, it is my size... hehe.. So well.. there goes my 60 bucks =(

But it is a really good bargain!!

*********************************************

So how is this related to being superficial? Well, it is just a thought, like i felt the reason why this shirt wasn't noticed is because for one, it is thrown together with a pile of other shirts (some normal polo-t), second, the cutting at first look wasn't at all appealing, thirdly, it is categorize at the $29 corner (which is probably the cheapest in the store) so many people would just assume it is some crappy leftover. Which is not, it is not XXL size, it is not some ugly polo-t or deformed t-shirt. In fact, anyone who bothers to spend some time looking at the price tag would notice this is unique, then if u fold it back nicely, you would see it is not a piece of rag, and lastly if you have tried it on, you will never let it go anymore.

So yup, cheap things can be good too sometimes!

No comments:

Post a Comment